- 1. Why is Dayton called the Birthplace of Aviation?
- 2. How do I get to Dayton?
- 3. What airlines fly into Dayton International Airport? How far is downtown from the airport?
- 4. How large is the Dayton Convention Center?
- 5. How many hotel rooms does Dayton/Montgomery County have?
- 6. Can the Dayton/Montgomery County CVB help me find a hotel and/or facility for my meeting or convention? Are your services free?
- 7. Where is the local Greyhound terminal?
- 8. Where can I obtain visitor information?
- 9. What activities/events are occurring in Dayton/Montgomery County this week?
- 10. My question was not answered here. Who can I contact for assistance?
1. Why is Dayton called the Birthplace of Aviation?Wilbur and Orville Wright grew up and lived their lives in Dayton. Dayton was where they first researched and experimented with flight and built their first airplanes. Huffman Prairie, an 84-acre field in Dayton is where the Wright Brothers perfected their aircraft before and after their landmark flight in Kitty Hawk. N.C. Dayton is where the brothers opened the world's first flying school and where they manufactured planes. The ingenuity and innovation of the Wright Brothers continues today at the research labs at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Today visitors can experience the story of the invention of powered flight at the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park sites and at Dayton's National Museum of the U.S. Air Force.
2. How do I get to Dayton?Dayton, Ohio is conveniently located at what is commonly referred to as "The Crossroads of America"---the intersection of I-70 (East/West) and I-75 (North/South)---two major Interstates that bisect the nation. Dayton also boasts the Dayton International Airport which is serviced by all major airlines.
3. What airlines fly into Dayton International Airport? How far is downtown from the airport?The Dayton International Airport is an easy 20 minute drive from downtown Dayton. The Dayton International Airport is serviced by all major airlines. View major airlines and cab information.
4. How large is the Dayton Convention Center?
The Dayton Convention Center is a 100,000 square foot state-of-the art facility located at Fifth and Main Streets in downtown Dayton. The Convention Center offers 70,000 square feet of uninterrupted meeting space which can accommodate 392 10x10 exhibit booths or 3,000 for a banquet dinner. The Dayton Convention Center also offers a full-stage 672-seat theater and 22 meeting rooms. Ovations Food Services provides the in-house catering. The Dayton Convention Center is connected by a skywalk to the 283-room Crowne Plaza Hotel and to a 1,200 space covered parking garage.