Lights, Camera, Action!
Dayton Convention & Visitors Bureau Dayton Promotional National Tourism Week Video Contest. Win a GoPro Camera!
- Submit a one to two minute video that reflects what you love about Dayton/Montgomery County and includes what you want visitors to experience in Dayton and an invitation for them to come to Greater Dayton!
- Your video can be serious or humorous. The video can include one attraction/destination/Dayton asset OR it can include multiple Dayton/Montgomery County assets. You can be an on camera host, or add your voice and text. You can film an “on air” host, or interviews with multiple people, or interviews with an entire group.
There is No Entry Fee
Feel free to submit as many videos as you like.
Anyone can enter the contest. You don’t have to be a professional! Authentic videos on smartphones are definitely accepted! You can also use more sophisticated equipment if you desire. If you are under the age of 18 you must submit a signed Parent Permission form.
Video Entry Submission Date / Entry Form - Videos must be submitted by 6:00pm Friday, April 22, 2016.
Two winners will be selected and each will receive a GoPro Camera.
- Best video as judged by local film professionals
- People's choice--video that received most votes via social media as favorite video between April 25th—April 29th social media outlets—twitter @daytoncvb Facebook /daytoncvb
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 CLICK FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
By submitting to this contest, you agree that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions.
- Entrants agree to be bound by the contest rules and decisions of the judges.
- Video must be one to two minutes in length
- Video must
- Reflect what you love about Dayton/Montgomery County
- Include what you want visitors to experience in Dayton/and an invitation for them to come to Greater Dayton!
- No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used unless you own the copyright or have license to use the material (written permission required). Include your own created music OR go to YouTube to download rights free music—they have a large selection!
- Content must not 1.) promote illegal behavior; 2.) support racial, religious, sexual or other discriminatory prejudice 3.) advocate sexual or violent exploitation; 4.) violate rights established by law or agreement; 5.) invade the privacy of any person; or 6.) be otherwise inappropriate as determined by the Dayton Convention & Visitors Bureau in its sole and conclusive determination
- Videographer must acquire permission from each person appearing in their video (note--general public/crowd filming is permissible and does not require written permission)
- The only compensation for submitting a video is the opportunity to be awarded a prize if the entry wins
- Ownership of the video and underlying intellectual property of the project remains with the entrant AND the Dayton/Montgomery County Convention & Visitors Bureau Inc. Entrants grant the Dayton/Montgomery County Convention & Visitors Bureau the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display or exhibit the video on the Dayton/Montgomery County Convention & Visitors Bureau’s for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, via social media at conferences, or for any other use.