IN THEIR HONOR
FOCUS ON DAYTON’S MILITARY ATTRACTIONS
ONE AND A HALF DAY TOUR
Please contact all attractions prior to tour.
9:00 – 1:00 United States Air Force Museum 937-258-1225 Free
- Ohio’s #1 free attraction is also the oldest and largest military aviation museum in the world.
- Exhibits include over 300 aircraft, missiles, and aeronautical displays.
- Presidential Aircraft Hangar includes the Air Force One used by Presidents Kennedy through Clinton.
- Have lunch in the cafeteria, shop in the gift shop, or experience a movie at the IMAX Theatre.
Admission fee for IMAX and Morphis Movie Ride only. Call for appointment.
1:00 – 2:00 National Aviation Hall of Fame 937-256-0944 ext. 17 Free
- Chartered by the U.S. Congress to honor America’s air and space pioneers.
- The Hall of Fame is located within the USAF Museum. Call for guided tour appointment.
2:15 – 3:00 Wright Brothers Memorial 937-257-5535 ext. 254 Free
- The Wright Memorial is located on a bluff overlooking Huffman Prairie, the site where modern flight was perfected.
- The memorial is listed on the National Register of Historic Places because of the presence of several Adena Indian mounds at the site.
- Call for more information.
3:30 – 5:00 Hotel Check In/Free Time 800-221-8235 5:30 LaComedia Dinner Theatre 800-677-9505 $
- Buffet dining and live professional theatre combine for an evening of entertainment.
- Buffet offerings include salad, chef-carved meats, a variety of veggies, breads and pastas, and dessert. Signature dish is a Sweet Potato Soufflé.
- Closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Call for tickets.
9:00 – 10:00 Korean War Memorial 937-293-1819 Free
- This site was dedicated in memorial to Korean War Veterans.
- Featured is a granite hand-carved statue representing all of the United States armed forces.
- The names of those men from Ohio who lost their lives during the Korean War are listed in front of the statue.
- Call for more information.
10:15 – 11:45 National Cemetery 937-262-2115 Free
- Drive-through or take a self-guided tour through the National Cemetery.
- Built in 1877, The Soldier’s Monument stands on the highest ground and was built in memory of those buried here.
- The VA Medical Center also located on the grounds was founded in 1867, making it the first of its kind in Ohio.
12:00 – 1:15 Amber Rose Restaurant 937-228-2511 $
- Specializes in homemade Eastern European Cuisine including German, Lithuanian, Polish, Hungarian, Russian and Italian cuisines.
- Call for menu options and reservations.
1:30 – 2:30 The Patterson Homestead Museum 937-222-9724 Free
- Tour the home of three generations of Patterson’s.
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is named after Stuart Patterson who was an experimental pilot.
- After a tour of the house there will be a short presentation on the connections of the Patterson family to the military.
- Open May 1 - October 31. Closed Mondays and Saturdays. Call for an appointment.
This tour offers many great photo opportunities. To book this tour or for a free customized itinerary call 800-221-8235 or email Sean Robison at firstname.lastname@example.org