The MetroParks Trails Challenge is back — with new trails and more time in which to complete them. The MetroParks Trails Challenge is a fun way to explore the region’s trails. It is also a fun way to stay active outdoors on your own time and at your own pace.
- The 2021 challenge started Feb. 1 and runs through Oct. 31.
- 28 trails for hiking, walking, cycling, paddling, running, mountain biking and even horseback riding.
- Trails selected allow participants to customize their adventures and work up to more challenging trails.
- Trails vary in length, from 0.71 to 6 miles, so there are many opportunities to invite family — including younger ones — on your outings.
You can participate by completing just one trail. And because you explore the trails in your own way, it’s easy to practice safe social distancing while participating in the challenge. Indeed, the new MetroParks Trails Challenge is a convenient way to improve your physical and mental health while connecting with nature and enjoying an active lifestyle.
YOUR CHANCE TO WIN
Whether you check off just one trail or every trail, you’ll have a chance to snag cool stuff!
- Complete just one trail in the challenge and you’ll be entered to win a $100 gift card to a local outdoor gear or bike shop of your choosing. You’ll receive one entry for each trail you complete. Complete all 28 trails and get 28 chances to win!
- Everyone who completes at least 18 trails will receive a MetroParks Trails Challenge sticker. Also, 100 people completing at least 18 trails will be selected at random to receive a MetroParks Trails Challenge T-shirt.
- New for 2021! Everyone who completes just one mountain bike trail will be entered to win a Huffy Mountain Bike. You will receive one entry for each mountain bike trail completed. Complete all 3 trails and get 3 chances to win.
- New for 2021! Youth ages 14 and younger who complete just one trail will be entered to win a Kids Adventure Pack, which includes cool outdoor gear. Youth will receive one entry for each trail they complete. Complete all 28 trails and get 28 chances to win.
- To enter to win, just submit your Trails Log. Winners will be notified by e-mail or phone after Oct. 31.
Please see website for more information at https://www.metroparks.org/metroparks-trails-challenge/
- Monday, Apr 19, 2021 - Sunday, Oct 31, 2021
- Phone: (937) 275-7275