NCAA First Four
- University of Dayton Arena
- 1801 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd.
- University of Dayton Arena
- Dayton, OH
IN DAYTON, COLLEGE BASKETBALL HOLDS A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR HEARTS!
Watch the 2020 NCAA® First Four® Games at University of Dayton Arena on March 17 and 18.
To us, the First Four® is much more than what happens on the court; it’s an opportunity to come together as a community and as a country to celebrate the great things that can be accomplished with teamwork, dedication, and a shared dream.
Fans from around the world know that THE ROAD STARTS HERE®, in Dayton, Ohio! In case you need proof, here is a small subset of the mounting evidence:
The Big Hoopla is home to America’s #1 Host Site: UD Arena has hosted 105 Men’s Tournament Games, more than any site in the world!
The First Four & The Big Hoopla Deliver REAL, measurable economic development impact:
- Nearly $85 MILLION impact to the Dayton region and State of Ohio (since 2001)
- MILLIONS in earned media generated annually
- Global media to Millions of fans through TV, print and internet (since 2012)
- NCAA® First Four® on truTV: Most Viewed Since 2014:
- The 2018 NCAA First Four on truTV grossed 5.9 million viewers across TV and digital platforms to deliver the most-watched First Four coverage since 2014; 2nd most-viewed since the inception of the format (1.3 million viewers among Adults 18-34, most ever for the four TV windows)
- 2018 NCAA March Madness social accounts across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram generated over 1.9 million video views during the First Four, +30%
- The Big Hoopla is home to America’s most passionate college basketball FANS:
- Record for largest single day attendance (Wednesday) for the First Four® – 12,732 (2018)
- Record for largest combined attendance for the First Four® – 25,068 (2018)
- Near capacity crowds in 2019 at UD Arena during their transformation construction
- UD Arena attendance higher than 6 of 8 Second/Third Round sites (2015)
- First NCAA Tournament home game by host team since 1984 (2015)
- The first-ever First Four sellout (2013)
- The first-ever 10-consecutive-game sellout (2013)
- A first-ever First Four to Final Four in The Big Hoopla’s inaugural year (2011)
- A national Top 10 media market for college basketball (annually)
- A Top 35 college basketball venue for attendance annually (since 1969)
- The Hoopla STEM Challenge sets consecutive records number of registrants and participants (2016, 2017, & 2018)
The Big Hoopla is home to Wright Patterson AFB and America’s top military community:
- Nearly 45,000 tickets donated to Airmen at Wright-Patterson AFB, veterans and local students (since 2012)
- First-ever attendance by sitting Commander-in-Chief (President, Prime Minister) (2012)
- The Big Hoopla is home to America’s first-ever Hoopla STEM Challenge: an event attracting thousands of students and their families in an effort to promote STEM education through innovative basketball competition (since 2012)
What to expect in 2020 from the Big Hoopla:
- A newly transformed UD Arena;
- More ways to easily support Airmen, veterans and students through the Hoopla Ticket Program online;
- New and invigorating exhibits at The Hoopla STEM Challenge;
- A new look and experience at The Hoopla Four Miler;
- Showcasing Dayton’s position as the Preferred Host Site for March Madness;
- A first class experience welcoming teams, players and fans;
- Basketball, STEM, Four Miler means Family Fun and much, much more….
- Location: 1801 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd., University of Dayton Arena, OH