2019 is the second annual Tour de Gem (TdG), Dayton Cycling Classic. TdG is a cycling event to highlight the Dayton region for cyclists of all ages and abilities. TdG is also a fundraising tool for local charities.
Participating charities have formed ride teams, with riders joining the teams using the event as a fundraising opportunity. Individual riders may also join a Team created by a charity they support. Otherwise, the funds raised by those registering as Individuals will be distributed by the TdG steering committee to the Rotary Club of Dayton for its focus on education in Dayton, as well as, to other participating charities.
- The Tour de Gem is first and foremost a fundraising event. All proceeds from donations made to riders will go to the designated nonprofit.
- The Tour de Gem is an event created to foster a sense of community, history, pride and healthy living through cycling, while establishing an ongoing fundraising vehicle for local charities.
- A well supported, enjoyable ride attracting cyclists of all ages and abilities from throughout the Region.
- Registration is $35 before July 15 and $50 after July 15. Register early and take advantage of this discount.
- The Start/Finish be at 237 E. Monument St. in front of the RiverScape Pavilion in downtown Dayton. The routes will take riders through many local communities spotlighting a wide variety of local area Gems
Family Fun Path Rides - 1-26 miles along riverfront bike paths
Half Metric Century+ - 38 miles on roads going east, turning south and heading back to RiverScape
Metric Century+ - 65 miles on roads starting at RiverScape, headed south to Springboro, west to Germantown and Farmersville and back to RiverScape
Century+ - 103 miles on roads, combining the Metric and Half Metric routes, starting and finishing at RiverScape
- Sunday, Sep 1, 2019
- Location: 111 E. Monument Ave., Riverscape MetroPark
- Phone: (937) 853-8220
- Time: 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Price: $35 before July 15 - $50 after July 15