A PLACE IN HISTORY
1 Day Tour
2 hours & 45 mins.Carillon Historical Park 937-293-2841 $
- A 65-acre park with over 23 buildings and structures.
- See the 1905 Wright Flyer III, a National Historic Landmark.
- Shuttles depart from Carillon for the Wright Family Mansion tour
1 hour & 45 mins. SunWatch Indian Village/Archaeological Park 937-268-8199 $
- Visit Dayton’s oldest neighborhood! This reconstructed Fort Ancient Indian Village is a National Historic Landmark.
- Open year round.
- Call for appointment and advance registration.
1 hour & 15 mins. Elinor’s Amber Rose 937-228-2511 $
- Enjoy the finest in European cuisine.
- Be sure to save room for some homemade strudel!
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Call for menu options and reservation.
2 & ½ hours Paul Laurence Dunbar State Memorial 937-224-7061 $
- Dunbar was the first accepted African-American writer in the Country.
- Docents take you on a narrated tour through the house.
- The home is a National Historic Landmark.
- Days of operation vary. Call for appointment.
1 hour Wright Cycle Company 937-225-7705 Free
- A National Park Service ranger will give a presentation on the site where Orville and Wilbur Wright first became interested in flight.
- Part of the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park.
- A National Historic Landmark.
- Call for appointment.
LOVE experiential tours? Call the CVB and go “hands-on” at every stop! 800-221-8235
For a free customized itinerary call the Dayton/Montgomery County CVB 800-221-8235 or email Sean Robison email@example.com