Discovering the heart and soul of a city is a delightful adventure, and there's no better way to do so than through the senses. From savoring the delectable flavors of Dayton’s diverse restaurants to indulging in sugary creations that satisfy your sweet tooth, and basking in the fragrant beauty of floral blossoms, this journey allows you to fall in love with the Gem City in the most enchanting and mouthwatering way. Join us as we embark on a sensory voyage to unveil the essence of a city, one plate, dessert, and bloom at a time. (Photo above courtesy @innergizeyou on Instagram)
Drinks & Dishes from Manna Uptown
Adding a restaurant to your date night itinerary can transform an ordinary evening into an extraordinary one. We compiled a list of just a few trendy restaurants with exquisite menus to help you make a top-notch decision on where to begin your evening:
- Agave & Rye - 11 N Main Street, Centerville, OH 45459 - This restaurant prides themselves on being EPIC. They pay homage to Mexican cuisine with tasteful tacos and craft cocktails.
- Manna Uptown - 61 W Franklin Street, Centerville OH 45459 - Manna presents a delectable fusion of contemporary European and South American flavors to those seeking an enticing culinary experience.
- The Foundry- 124 Madison Street, Dayton, OH 45402 - Dayton's strong industrial heritage inspired The Foundry at the AC Hotel, offering exceptional drinks, globally influenced cuisine, and hearty American dishes.
- Warped Wing Brewery & Smokery - 6602 Executive Blvd, Huber Heights, OH 45424 - Savor smoked dishes, local craft beer, hard seltzer, housemade soda, and handcrafted cocktails at Warped Wing for an ideal Huber Heights evening.
- Est! Est!! Est!!!- 45 W Fourth Street, Dayton, OH 45402 - Each mouthful is a harmonious blend of flavors at Est! Est!! Est!!!, offering the classic Italian comfort cuisine you've yearned for, prepared with love and tradition.
Blueberry Danishes from Ashley's Pastry Shop
Whether it's the rich, velvety texture of chocolate, the flaky layers of a pastry, or the playful burst of flavor from a candy, sweets have a way of bringing smiles and creating lasting memories. Taste for yourself what Dayton boasts an array of:
- Winans Coffee & Chocolate- 221 N Patterson Blvd, Dayton, OH, 45402 (& various other locations throughout Montgomery County) - Your morning coffee's first sip deserves perfection and each chocolate bite should allow you to cherish a brief, precious moment in your life, even if only for an instant.
- Esther Price Candies - 1709 Wayne Ave, Dayton, OH 45410 (& various other locations throughout Montgomery County) - Dayton's oldest and best-loved candy traditions that are crafted with premium chocolate, locally sourced milk and butter, fancy-grade almonds, pecans, cashews, and luscious cherries; While it might be faster and more cost-effective to cut corners on ingredients or tradition, that's not the essence of Esther Price.
- Ashley's Pastry Shop- 21 Park Ave, Dayton, OH 45419 - A family-owned, full-service bakery, that has been delighting the Dayton community with fresh cookies, cupcakes, cakes, pastries, pies, and more since 1982. If you're new to Ashley's, don't forget to inquire about their renowned "Cookie of the Stars."
- Elé Cake Co.- 810 E Dixie Drive, West Carollton, OH 45449 - A business born out of their kitchen, fueled by their passion for crafting cakes; tasty works of art.
- Bill's Donut Shop- 268 N Main Street, Centerville, OH 45459 - Who says that donuts have to always be early morning munchies? Open 24 hours a day, you'll find a delectable assortment of cake and yeast donuts.
Light of My Life Box Bouquet from Hills and Dales
It could be a single stem or a lavish bouquet, regardless, each petal and bloom tell a story of their own. Flowers can set the stage for heartfelt moments and piecing together an arrangement can be a creative endeavor. Ask yourself: What type of flower is your significant other's favorite?
- Oberer's Flowers- 1448 Troy Street, Dayton, OH 45404 - Having just celebrated 100 years in the business, they put the "Oh!" in flowers!
- Furst The Florist & Greenhouses- 1306 Troy Street, Dayton, OH 45404 - A plant from the greenhouse for every season and an arrangement for any occasion, five generations of the Furst family have served the Dayton area.
- Flowerama- 490 Woodman Drive, Dayton, OH 45431 - Whether you lean towards a classic, traditional style, a modern, trendy look, a soft and romantic feel, or something unusual and offbeat – each design is tailored with your preferences in mind.
- Hills and Dales Florist & Plants- 3030 Kettering Blvd Ste A, Kettering, OH 45439 - Renowned for their dependable same-day flower delivery service across the Gem City area.
- Ed Smith Flowers and Gifts- 209 W Riverview Ave, Dayton, OH 45405 - Specializing in eye-catching styles, the company offers both fresh AND silk flowers.