Why Meet In Dayton?
A Few Top Reasons to Meet in Dayton
Highly Accessible Location for Your Attendees—Dayton is Within 600 Miles of 53% of the US Population
- Dayton is located at the “Crossroads of America”, the intersection of major highways I-75 North/South and I-70 East/West
- The Dayton International Airport is serviced by the major carriers and is “easy to and through!”
- Dayton is one of the nation’s Top 10 “90 Minute Markets,” nearly 6 million people can reach Dayton in 3 hours by air or car
You’re a Big Fish in our Pond—WE WANT TO HOST YOU!
- The Dayton Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Greater Dayton community are eager to host you! You’ll find your group gets the special attention it deserves in Dayton!
Dayton Offers More Complimentary CVB Services!
- Our CVB prides itself in “going the extra mile.” Check out our CVB services
- Be sure to ask about special offers and incentives! Sign a contract in 2017 for an event in 2017 or any future year and receive free Dayton Convention Center space! (*certain restrictions may apply)
Dayton’s Unique Story—World Renowned Attractions
- Dayton taught the world to fly. Dayton is the Birthplace of Aviation, home to the Wright Brothers, the National Museum of the US Air Force, and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park among other sites. Dayton’s authentic attractions offer an experience you can’t find anywhere else in the world.
- Dayton is a progressive city with a spirit of innovation. At the turn of the century Dayton had more patents per capita than any other city in the nation. The airplane, electric car starter, refrigeration, cash register and bar code are just a few of the many inventions from Dayton. The innovative spirit lives on in our community at places such as the Air Force Research Labs at Wright Patterson Air Force Base where the future of aerospace technology is being developed. Let your attendees catch the innovative spirit.
- Your event attendees will take away life-changing memories and experiences.
Big City Amenities Coupled with Midwestern Charm & Hospitality
- Dayton offers big city amenities such as a vibrant downtown, world-class arts and culture such as the Dayton Philharmonic, the Dayton Opera, the Dayton Ballet, the nationally recognized Dayton Contemporary Dance Company, and the beautiful Dayton Art Institute. Unique shopping, dining and nightlife options abound.
- Big City amenities are coupled with warm and friendly Midwestern charm and hospitality that make every event attendee feel welcome.
Successful Track Record/Great Testimonials
- Dayton’s track record of hosting successful events is extremely long and varied. From 25 to 25,000, you name it, we’ve hosted it!
- Dayton’s success in hosting events is evidenced by the numerous organizations who have opted to make Dayton their permanent home.
Outstanding Value For Your Dollar
- Did you know the cash register was invented in Dayton? Dayton is an affordable city you can’t afford to miss! Come ring up a few good times in our city!
- The Business Travel News Corporate Travel Index consistently ranks Dayton among the top 10 most affordable Top 100 Cities in the nation
150,000 square foot Dayton Convention Center & Many Unique Venues
- In addition to the 150,000 square foot Dayton Convention Center, Dayton has a significant number of unique venue options. Your group could enjoy “dinner under the wings” at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, a function in the gothic cloister of the Dayton Art Institute, or among beautiful Packard automobiles at The Citizens Motor Car Company: America’s Packard Museum just to name a few. Options—Dayton’s got them!