With its white pillars and twin porches, Hawthorn Hill has long been synonymous with Orville Wright and the Wright family.
Upon completion in 1914, Hawthorn Hill became the residence of Orville, Katharine, and their elderly father, Bishop Milton Wright. Over the next 34 years, the mansion welcomed Charles Lindbergh, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, and other luminaries.
In March 2009, Hawthorn Hill became part of Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park. In June 2013, ownership was officially transferred to Dayton History. It is now open to the public, and though NCR remodeled the Colonial Revival home, they meticulously photographed Orville’s original décor. Dayton History is busy bringing the property back to its original appearance.
Hawthorn Hill Tours
Wednesdays & Saturdays: 10:00am, 12:30pm
Advance Pre-Paid Admission Required. Access to the site is via shuttle van from Carillon Historical Park. Space is limited. Call for availability.